Friday, September 18, 2009

MY VERY 1ST TIME

It’s been a while since I posted the previous blog. I’m kind of busy with assignments and projects recently. The semester break is just around the corner and for sure all the mid-term assignments/projects are to be passed up before the break. I was basically rushing for the requirements to be pinned-up in the exhibition hall this morning, ended up for a 4-hour-sleep. However, the outcome was not satisfied. I knew that I was way behind the design progression. Facing problems to relate my building level to the site contour, I was wasting too much time on trying to play around with my building levels to actually make the sections of my design looks more interesting. Yet I failed to show it on my section drawings this morning. Main reason for that, I knew that I was kind of mismanaging my time for progressing too slow.

During the crit session, I was very nervous. As this was the 1st time I got to present in a new environment in front of all the strange faces. Tried to write down all the thoughts in my mind, yet I failed to present it steadily by time I stood in front of a group of people staring at me. My brain went blank in a sudden, but I was able to speak out something after a few seconds of stunning. I presented as much as I could, trying to explain my ideas and the interactions between spaces in my plans. Still I can feel the shivering of my hands, the atmosphere went stiff. It seemed that the lecturer can feel the nervous in me; she tried to speak softly and pin-point my problems for my design. I felt a little bit relieved by the time I finished my presentation without any serious problems.

After the presentation, I immediately reached my phone and texted him. Not getting any reply from him, I called him in no time just to tell him that how relieving I was after the presentation and asked him for lunch. Unluckily, he had his lunch already. So I guessed I had to have my lunch by my own. Immediately I walked to the bus stop to take a bus home. After clearing up all my mess in the room for yesterday’s work, I toasted breads with eggs and cheese to be my brunch for the day. Sat back in front of my laptop, I started to surf the net without purpose. Other than Facebook, I actually got nothing much to do with my laptop. Downloaded a mini game from the website, after the installation, I started the game and another 2-3 hours I spent on it. Yes, I admit that I get interesting in it because it’s quite new to me.

Getting a bit tired, I moved myself to the bed. Wanted to actually get myself for a short nap, by the time I closed my eyes, he was back from work. And guess what? It was dinner time. Having his company’s car driving us all the way to Sunnybank for our dinner, he hadn’t really been driving for weeks since he got into an accident and the car was sent for repair. I was quite satisfied with the dinner but he didn’t seem to like it much. We went for a movie named G-Force in Indooroopilly after dinner. I actually liked the show but his very 1st comment about it was “it’s a kid show”, and I guessed we are just having different point of views of things happening around us! Cheers!

0 f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k.s:

Post a Comment