Sunday, April 24, 2011

AUCKLAND TRIP

The very 1st day in Auckland, I was actually to be very excited about the trip. It is my 1st time to be in Auckland, although I'd been to South island (Christchurch to Queenstown) last year. It is a big city with tall buildings and shops everywhere, a bit like Christchurch but nothing like Queenstown. I can say that it is definitely a city with food, a lot of variety of food. Walked around the city after a few hours of nap in the hotel, it was really enjoying.

The 2nd day, I was having the same activities as yesterday. Shopped around and not to forget, hunting for food all around the city.

The weather was getting worse when we had our very 1st day field trip with Andrew Wilson, our course coordinator for this semester. It rained the whole day, continuously for the whole afternoon. We cannot really follow the actual plan that he set, so he changed the plan, taking a ferry to the Devonport, walked all the way up to a hill and lookout to the entire town of Devonport. It was really a nice view, just which we all gave up on the umbrellas as the wind was too strong and the umbrellas were useless at all. We took some pictures along and dismissed around 5pm. Walked all the way back to our hotel, had a comfortable washed up, rested for a while and it was dinnertime. After the dinner, we slept in no time…exhausted.

We continued our field trip for 3 days. To be honest, the weather in Auckland is unpredictable. It can rain for few minutes, stop for few minutes, and continued to rain the whole day. Wind is another major issue, which basically made the umbrella useless.

After a 4-day visit to places around Auckland, we were off for another 2 days before heading back to Brisbane. So, we went to Silvia Park by train, a shopping mall which is not to say large but is enough for you to get what you want. However, we didn't buy anything from there.

The next day, we took a bus to New Market. There were shops all around that area, especially boutiques! I was trying out for CROCS, but they were out of my size. It was a good thing that I didn’t need to spend another NZD$70+ on that particular pair of shoes that I wanted to buy.

Seriously nothing much to talk about Auckland. As what I know, the food is nice, weather is weird, the School of Architecture in University of Auckland is better than the one in University of Queensland (no offence)… And there are places good for girls that love shopping!!! The whole journey for me other than the "adventures" given by my lecture, is ALL ABOUT EAT & DRINK!!!

*** Feel free to have a peek on my Facebook photos under the folder "Auckalnd Trip" to see what I had in Auckland. ^^

0 f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k.s:

Post a Comment